Here is what we know:
– Donald Trump and Joe Biden need 270 electoral votes to win the presidency. Biden is leading with 264 electoral votes, according to the AP, while President Trump is on 214.
– Vote-counting is still underway in five states of Alaska, Georgia, North Carolina, Nevada, and Pennsylvania, according to AP projection,
– Biden now leads in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Nevada, AP call shows.
– Georgia’s secretary of state on Friday said he expects a presidential vote recount in the battleground state, where Biden has a small lead over Trump.
– Trump on Friday evening told challenger Joe Biden not to “wrongfully claim” the White House and warned legal proceedings.
– Around 140 million votes have been counted so far, and many states are expecting a record turnout.