SUMMARY-The pneumonia outbreak was first reported in Wuhan City, central China’s Hubei Province, in December 2019. Experts have attributed the outbreak to a novel coronavirus that has since spread across China and abroad.
Here is what we know so far:
– Confirmed cases: 4,535 in China, 52 abroad
– Deaths: 106 (all in China)
– Human-to-human transmission confirmed
– Health experts say the virus has the potential to mutate
– 30 cities and provinces have launched Level I emergency response, while Hong Kong declared its “highest” emergency response.