Gazipur City Corporation’s Chakrabarti area workers colony destroyed 182 tin-shed houses and goods in the fire on Thursday morning. However, there was no incident of casualties, senior station officer of Savar EPZ Fire Station Abdul Hamid said.
After getting the news, five units of fire service were set on fire for nearly two hours. However, there was no immediate incident of the casualties in the fire, said senior station officer of EPZ Fire Service. Abdul Hamid. He said that the fire started from an electrical short circuit in the first house of a colony owned by Anwara Begum. Later, it spread quickly to the workers colony owned by Ali Hossain, Amjad Hossain, Fatema Begum, Khadiza Begum, Rhela and Lutfar Rahman. After receiving the news, two units of EPZ three and Kaliakoir Fire Service went to the spot and set fire to about two-and-a-half hours. The house and furniture burnt in the fire caused damage to 30 to 40 million rupees.